Featured Post

On Black, Fat, Femme Positivity: Why I'm at My Heaviest, My Most Confident, and Don't Need Your Approval to Exist

"If I breathe in public for five seconds, it’s also common that someone will feel the need to tell me, “YASSSSS!” in an attempt to ch...

Thursday, April 23, 2015

No. 9 of my 30 in 15 for National Poetry Month

Rejoice

You are in the middle of your Psalm.
Your victory is yet impending.
Not putting on face or facade,
You are a deep well.
                                                          
Just as you revel with great mirth,
So do you hurt.
You are soulful.
                                                
You are melancholic.
And in the midst of it all...
You are smiled upon, dear daughter.     
Your Father sings melodies over you.
Rejoice!
For you are in the middle of your Psalm.

Mirakol Smith, April 23, 2015

No comments: