Featured Post

On Black, Fat, Femme Positivity: Why I'm at My Heaviest, My Most Confident, and Don't Need Your Approval to Exist

"If I breathe in public for five seconds, it’s also common that someone will feel the need to tell me, “YASSSSS!” in an attempt to ch...

Friday, April 24, 2015

No. 11 of my 30 in 15 for National Poetry Month

Untitled

I don't take heart
or find satisfaction
in the fact that
there is someone worse off than me
  
So yes, I get angry
I grumble and complain
Sometimes shake my fist at God
I hate catching the bus in the rain

And I hate going to sleep alone some nights
Or realizing my friends have in the last year caught 4, 5, 6 flights
Done got wifed
And I wait in what seems a sea of mediocrity                                 
Finding it hard to not wonder: what's wrong with me?           

I want to see the world
I want to fall madly in love
I want my dreams realized

Not ignored under the guise of my victories coming in the next life.    

My hope is to see them in this one.

Mirakol Smith, April 24, 2015

No comments: