Featured Post

On Black, Fat, Femme Positivity: Why I'm at My Heaviest, My Most Confident, and Don't Need Your Approval to Exist

"If I breathe in public for five seconds, it’s also common that someone will feel the need to tell me, “YASSSSS!” in an attempt to ch...

Tuesday, April 28, 2015

No. 14 of my 30 in 15 for National Poetry Month (maybe u can do this? Ha)

Untitled

On the outside

I'm all smiles and giggles.
Hugs and kind words.

Inwardly, I'm silently screaming.

My hurt is unearthed
At the sound of triggers.

Pulling me forward and backwards again.
Lies inside telling me I can't win.

And they seem to never lose.

I find myself favoring snooze because I just don't want to leave my bed.

Recalling all the things the darkness in me said.

Maintaining them as truth.

Mirakol Smith, April 26, 2015

No comments: