Featured Post

On Black, Fat, Femme Positivity: Why I'm at My Heaviest, My Most Confident, and Don't Need Your Approval to Exist

"If I breathe in public for five seconds, it’s also common that someone will feel the need to tell me, “YASSSSS!” in an attempt to ch...

Friday, June 7, 2013

It's Been Far Too Long! :(

Well, hello there to my 2.5 readers :) Haha! It's been a while so I guess I can manage to try and catch you up on my goings-ons. First! Happy New Year! and Happy Belated Thanksgiving and Christmas is almost here! Needless to say I cooked and enjoyed food for all of the above stated holidays and will do so for the upcoming good times. Many recipes I am not going to post :P Lol! Further, I am currently in the end of my senior year of college an employee at UT Austin! I did not walk in the Spring semester, but I'm excited to be a December grad in Texas...a nice breezy 70 degrees on graduation day haha! It's bittersweet but I'm excited for new beginnings! 


(UPDATE: Definitely started this draft in the beginning of December 2012...I'm graduated and working now!)

Mi familia y yo :)


I guess I should start blogging more! I made this:


Photo: My dimply plum and cherry cake :) The house smells amazing! Cinnamon, orange zest, vanilla...mmm!

This was blackberry cobbler...

Photo: I woulda taken a pic of the finished product...but I lacked natural light :)


Annnd...this:




Oh food! And please forgive my poor food photography. The best one is the first and most recent pic using natural lighting and a dumbphone (the best...lighting that is)! 

Also, for the past 1-2 years, I have been experimenting with vegan cuisine. I'm really enjoying learning about how to prepare food differently and animal- and dairy-free! It is much healthier and very delicious! Flavor and funderfuliciousness does not have to be compromised because bacon and cheddar are not involved. 


DISCLAIMER: I am an advocate for bacon and cheddar...not necessarily in that order nor necessarily together. However I will oblige under the circumstances that they are offered in conjunction with one another. 

Even further, I am now reading this:




It's really helping reshape how I think of food and my body. I'm gonna take the 6-week challenge. Pray for me, lol! (But, seriously...) This, subsequently, will result in healthified "nutritarian" recipes. I will still post the occasional recipes for baked yumyums and noms that include animal products...I just won't be eating them. #TheStruggle. But this is for my health, for my life and ultimately for God's Kingdom and my role in it. More on this process later.

Ohhh....yeahhh, at one point had dreadlocks...and a nose ring :)


 


That was funnn...haha!

I did my 2nd Big Chop March 2012 because I wasn't being very smart lol. I loved it though...but missed my locs.




Hair Disaster December 2012 -- pictures later...oy!

Annnd...3rd Big Chop April 2013 

Ended up doing this after the aforementioned sad hair story that is for another post:



I actually love it short. However, it's growing in and now looks like this:


Note: IGNORE MY WRETCHED EYEBROWS!

I may get locs again...who knows :)

I also went on a mission trip to Baja, Mexico with Ten Days Missions and it was beyond amazing. The majesty and sovereignty of God was definitely displayed. Here's a picture for you to enjoy. I'll post later on that as well.


Mi amiguita, Luna, y yo :)


I will post my recipe ventures, hair schtuffs, how Jesus Christ is rocking my world and other fun life things now that I will have more time (ostensibly) to maintain a blog! Much love to you all (1..2? Ha!)

No comments: